Thursday, March 11, 2010

37 Days to go!

Well, here it is- a blog. As of this point, I don't really know what I am doing. It took me and a dear friend of mine nearly 2 hours to figure out how I should decorate this wonderful blog. Nevertheless, here it is and here is how we start...

I am getting married in 36 days to the most wonderful man I have ever known. I waited many years to find him and now here we are. Wedding planning is new to me-I am trying to enjoy every moment, take in everything and not take anything too seriously. So far, so good. I try to remember, that at the end of that day, we are married, husband and wife and no matter what happens the end result is the same. I am with my soul mate, my friend and the one that was made for me.


We started dating in July of 2006. I was never going to give up on the idea of love because I knew that God had someone for me, but I was beginning to wonder where in the world he was. I was living in an apartment and had just closed on my house that May. Lowell lived in the apartment next door. While feverishly trying to move out, I asked him if he would help move the washer and dryer down the stairs. He, of course, said yes. Before I left, I said, "I owe you one." And he said, "Dinner" And the rest is OUR history. Pretty simple story, right?? Not really, I didn't tell you the whole story. Here is the best part...
Every Sunday I would go the Y in the back of The Woodlands and on my way home I would stop at the grocery store. You see, when Lowell was in business for himself, he had a second job and that was the grocery store. (See where we are going with this??I saw him everytime, but I never really thought anything about it. I often wondered about his story and I loved looking at his beautiful blue eyes. This went on for the good part of a year and a half. During a conversation with very wise friend, she asked me if I thought I might have already come across "the" one. My first answer was "I don't think so", but quietly in my head I thought of the guy at the grocery store-And then it happened. Months later, he moved in right next door to me-And that, my friends, was God at work! There was a perfect timing, a perfect moment! God was working on that encounter all the while I would stop in that grocery store. I never knew I was looking into the beautiful blue eyes of my future husband.


2 comments:

  1. Man, your dear friend must be REALLY talented...and beautiful.... anyway, I LOVE it!!

    -Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!!! The blog looks great. Keep up with it--I will check back often.
    Can not WAIT to see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete