Friday, March 26, 2010

Precious Pollen?

Today was glorious! I was out walking and listening to my wedding music, which I am not nor ever will be tired of hearing. I happened to look up and notice the pollen on the pine trees. Have you ever stopped to look at pollen? I have. There is a little secret in those prickly pine needles that my dad told me about sometime ago. Look closely and you will see a tiny cross formed by those little pollen "things". You see, when pollen first makes its appearance, the very top one makes a little cross. But, you have to look up--That's the trick. Isn't it a little funny and quite amazing that God can take something like pollen and make it a precious reminder of his love for us. So, next time you see that beautiful yellow dust all over this wonderful creation, think of it as a little sprinkle of God's love...it might even make you sneeze.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that we've sneezed our way through so many springs together, but I never knew that?!?!? Thanks for an interesting fact and new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that either... maybe I will try to look next time, that is if my eyes aren't red, watery, and itching :)

    ReplyDelete